Stage 4 - Overview
Celebration & Community
This stage is the culmination of the three previous stages. It is the moment where artists and arts organisations connect with their broader community through presentation of diverse artworks in diverse locations (perhaps an exhibition in a gallery, a film screening, a dance performance, street theatre, a festival feature, a written publication, a public artwork).
It is envisaged that there will be a series of regional launches/celebrations and potentially one or more metro showcases.
The conclusion of this stage will be a final evaluation report, distributed to Mycelium participants, funding partners and other relevant individuals/groups.
July – Dec ’22 (Festival with regional audience)
• 15 locally developed group exhibitions presented in 15 regional venues, artworks could include film, sculpture, textiles, painting, poetry, prose, photography etc
• Lead Curator tours with John Curtin Gallery (JCG) Director to participating regional exhibitions to select works for metro-based survey (JCG)
• 5 locally developed small-scale performances presented in 5 regional venues. Artworks could include spoken word, dance, comedy, circus, small-scale theatre, puppetry etc.
• Lead Producer tours with Presenting Partner (Still TBC, currently in negotiation with CircuitWest) to select works for metro-based survey (venues TBC)
• 20 catalogues/programs/publications produced and distributed
• 20 regionally based public programs (eg artist talks, workshops, school incursions)
Jan-June ’23 (Festival with metro audience)
• 1 metro-based exhibition showcase (at John Curtin Gallery)
• 5 small-scale performances at metro-based venues