THIS IS A DAY-TRIPPER REGISTRATION (NON-RESIDENTIAL)
Bring your sewing kit, scissors, mixed fabrics, drawing book & any materials that appeal…plus seeds plucked from here and there. Seeds hidden in their kernels will make for wonderful surprises. The weekend will begin working with clay, then drawing, followed by fibre (as you see fit).
Join us on Sunday afternoon from 1.30pm for the opening of our ‘Weekends with Nalda’ exhibition at The Painted Tree Gallery & a community stitching session.
The retreat runs from after breakfast Friday 5th November to 1pm Sunday 7th November
Karri Hill Cottages, Karri Hill Road, Northcliffe, WA, 6262.
Accommodation is included from 2pm Thursday 4th November. Karri Hill Cottages offer dormitory style accommodation in a beautifully restored tobacco kiln. There is a map and directions on their website.
The accommodation fee is kept low to increase the cost-accessibility of the event. Availability of beds is limited. We can allocate you a room to share with another workshop participant. There are no single rooms available. Please indicate if you have a preference with whom you agree to share and if you are willing to sleep in a bunk bed.
Nalda’s workshop fee, 3 nights shared accommodation plus all meals Friday and Saturday (except breakfast) and morning tea and lunch on Sunday,
Payment must be received by 30th September 2021 to secure your place.
Please contact Southern Forest Arts if you have any specific dietary needs. Catering is provided by professional caterers.
What to Bring:
BYO all your own workshop materials and equipment, including an assortment of fabrics and other fibres, plus seeds from a range of different plants (native and introduced species), scissors needles, thread and any other sewing, fibre art implements you enjoy working with. Plus your drawing book (visual diary), pens, pencils etc.
Thursday evening is a bring and share dinner. Please contribute as you can.
BYO your breakfast for all days. The accommodation venue is well stocked for cutlery and crockery and other kitchen supplies.
The workshop fee includes membership of Southern Forest Arts (if you aren’t already a member). Please advise if you do not wish to become a member (the registration fee is not reduced if you decide not to take out the membership). Membership of Southern Forest Arts gives you voting rights at AGMs and Special General Meetings, access to our e-newsletter and discounts to most of our events. Membership is for the current calendar year only. It is not from date or purchase.
Cancellation & refund Policy:
- If a participant cancels outside of two weeks before the start of the workshop and has paid the full amount of the workshop, the payment will be refunded minus a $40 booking fee.
- If a participant cancels between one to two weeks of the first day of the workshop and has paid the full amount there will be a 50% refund.
- If a participant cancels within less than one week of the first day of the workshop and has paid the full amount there will be no refund.
- If extenuating circumstances occur such as an emergency, death, tragedy, or COVID related lockdown, the SFA committee will review a request for full refund minus a booking fee.
- If the workshop is cancelled by Southern Forest Arts, we will aim to reschedule the workshop, offer a full refund or discuss alternatives.
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL VITALITY IN THE SOUTHERN FORESTS AND VALLEYS REGION